Saturday, June 11, 2011

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.

I feel like I'm on an eternal search for a great shampoo. It is second only to my eternal search for a healthy moisturizing body lotion that also smells phenomenal. I believe my shampoo search is over. The Body Shop's line of Rainforest shampoos are outstanding! SB & I tried the Rainforest Radiance a few months ago after sampling a few organic drugstore shampoos & not being totally sold. After using this shampoo, magically, hair that felt sometimes limp & dull was literally radiant.

I'm already pretty vain about my hair, but I really amped it up to a ridiculous level. When I brushed my teeth I would toss my hair back & forth in front of the mirror, toothpaste & water flying all akimbo as I admired the way our naked bathroom bulb picked up the highlights. If someone addressed me, I insisted on positioning myself so I had to manipulate my hair before I answered: tuck a strand behind an ear, "Yes I'm ready for the cheque."; create a fistful of ponytail before letting it all fall perfectly into place, "I would love spaghetti for supper!"; flip my head up dramatically like Rita Hayworth in Gilda, "I agree. This season of Justified is award worthy!"

After we ran out of our life-altering bottle of shampoo we did that thing where you go totally cheapskate & instead of treating ourselves to the 10 dollar bottle of shampoo, we spent 7 dollars on a bottle of Bert's Bees. Sure we saved 3 dollars, but it was the worst economical decision we ever made! What is wrong with us? Why don't we love ourselves? For some reason, we suffered through weeks of a return to dull, lackluster locks. I pulled out the dreaded ponytail holders, we gave up entirely on applying product to help plump my waves or sleek SB's straight strands. Life was but a shadow of what it once was. The sun stopped shining. Dark circles formed under our eyes. We nearly took to the bottle & perished with dry ends & oily roots. It was the worst three weeks of my life!

Deciding that, to borrow a phrase from L'Oreal, we're worth it, we finally bought another bottle of Rainforest shampoo. This time we tried Rainforest Shine, which is equally as life-altering as Rainforest Radiance. I swear now I will never go back. This shampoo is a part of my life now, and if you haven't found the perfect shampoo to accompany your own head of hair, it should be a part of yours as well.


cross-posted to That Obscure Object

No comments:

Post a Comment