Thursday, June 09, 2011

Market Day, June 9th 2011


The summer market started today, and not a moment too soon. I have been craving beefsteak tomatoes for months. The pickings were pretty slim, I figured they would be since it's still early in the season & we've had a cold spring, but everyone was in high spirits & what we did buy filled our palettes with ecstasy! I just made eating a tomato sound sensual. I blame the fact that I'm currently listening to Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin whisper Je T'aime (Moi Non Plus) to each other while I write this. Plus, we really did moan a lot over lunch. To celebrate we prepared a meal of salad with sesame seeds, soy nuts & homemade balsamic dressing, topped slices of quinoa bread with tomatoes & dipped peppers & pita into homemade hummus. Scrumptious!


Total cost: $10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment