Friday, June 17, 2011

Yes, I always carry this much shit in my bag.

Yes, I always carry this much shit in my bag. by bohemea

Here is a list of everything SB keep inside our deliciously gaudy Betsey Johnson Betseyville Love jungle pink tote bag.

 1. Coffee thermos that Gramma gave us. It's from Japan! Gramma always tells us where the items she gives us originated.
2. My headphones & music machine.
3. Super cute vintage Coca-Cola art decorated compact mirror that I found at my parents' house & claimed for myself a decade ago. It may have been my sister-in-law's. If so - hey, thanks!
4. Tiny hairbrush.
5. Lipstick holder & compact from a $ store that we call the Happy Go-Lucky Mart.
6. My beloved tube of L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Ravishing Red.
7. SB's Rimmel Shock Gloss Magnifying Lip Gloss in Amp'ed.
8. Rimmel Eye-Magnifer Mascara in Black. This is a pretty good mascara, it's supposed to give you Zooey Deschanel lashes, and it does if you take a really long time applying & brushing & reapplying. Honestly, my favourite mascara has always been Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black.
9. SB's beloved tube of Rimmel Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Liner in Black Glamour.
10. Nail files.
11. Truman Capote's Summer Crossing, which is a perfect kick-off-summer book.
12. My tin of Burt's Bees lip balm. I literally lose my mind when I misplace this.
13. Some random bottle of lotion we never wear. I think it smells of vanilla.
14. Wintergreen Altoids.
15. Hemp Hand Protector from The Body Shop. This stuff is magnificent! There is no better hand cream. It works like a charm, smells awesome & lasts forever because a small amount goes a long way. Both SB & I are mad for it.
16. An adorable package of tissues decorated with a lady's gown. This is adorable when you're using the tissues to blot your lipstick, it's lame when you're using it to blow your nose. Also purchased at the Happy Go-Lucky Mart.
17. Emergency back-up tube of Blistex. I don't care for Blistex, but it'll do in a pinch.
18. SB's headphones & music machine. Our music machines are pretty outdated & cheap, but our headphones are glorious!
19. Post-its for me to mark inspirational Capote quotes.
20. Back-up camera batteries.
21. Pill case. This Poison Ivy case came with the Poison Ivy Barbie that wigglewarily gave us years ago. We've used it for pills ever since.
22. Safety pins.
23. A pen I stole from SB's Mom. It's splendid!
24. Ladybug decorated grocery list notepad.
25. SB's sunglasses from Bang-On.
26. My sunglasses from Ardenes. We have a kick-ass collection of super cheap, super awesome novelty sunglasses.
27. This is some Happy Meal toy that our nieces got awhile back, it's some cartoon watch. Neither of us wear a watch or believe in cell phoning, so we carry a kids watch with the straps broken off to tell time.
28. Keys. We bought a ladybug key chain watch awhile back. It's cute, but we rarely use it to tell time. I hate knowing what time it is.
29. A smart water bottle filled with water from our Brita filter.
30. Our laundry change purse that I sometimes bring along to make sure we have sufficient bus-fare change.
31. Our change purse. I was given this years ago as a birthday gift & it always gets compliments from super cute cashiers with wacky coloured hair.
32. This is the wallet we bought during a super butch/low-maintenance phase like, 6 years ago. It's like a mini-purse that looks like a thick wallet. I kind of hate it now, but not enough to actually shop for a new wallet.
33. Ricola.
34. Lots of Band-Aids. This isn't even all the Band-Aids we had stored. My feet often rebel during long walks & proper bandaging is necessary.

cross-posted to That Obscure Object

1 comment:

  1. I should do this again some time. The last time I did it was for a drawing meme and I drew everything in my bag. :D

    Also completely charmed and honored to have contributed the pill case. :D I love finding uses for little things like that!

    ReplyDelete